The Non-toxic Absorption Material–Sodium Polyacrylate
As a non-toxic, harmless, nonpolluting polymer absorption material, sodium polyacrylate is widely used in a variety of common products, from diapers to fake snow.
With a superior absorbency, sodium polyacrylate (SAP) can absorb several hundred times its own weight in water. It starts out as a powder and as it comes into contact with water, it swells into its gel form.
Unlike other common absorbent materials, it’s hard to squeeze the moisture out of this gel. This is what makes it perfect for use in the hygiene products link diapers — Children can sit on it, roll around, sleep for hours in a wet diaper and there will still be no leaks.
As a good absorption material, what we can do with it? (Usage)
Agricultural Grade Applications
Widely used in agriculture, forestry, and gardening, such as soil water retention agent, seed coating, soil-less cultivation, artificial turf, etc.
-Improve seed germination and give plants an early, healthy start.
-Save the irrigation, increase crops and fruit yield.
-Release the fertilizer efficiency slowly.
Hygienic Grade Applications
Mainly used in Hygiene Products such as Diapers, Sanitary Napkins, Nursing pads, and Pet pads, etc.
Good Performance In :
-Absorption Under Pressure
-Retention Capacity After Centrifugation
Industrial Grade Applications
Industrial grade SAP can be mainly used in sandbags, protection materials of concrete, waterproof tape, and waterproof ointment for use in optical fiber cables and so on.
Air Fresher，Cooling Material，Expanding Toys，Additives of Cosmetics ， Additives Special Functional Coatings.
So, how to judge the quality? Are there any items to test sodium polyacrylate?
- Absorbent rate—How fast the polymer absorbing liquid.
- Absorption–How much the polymer can absorb.
- Absorption under pressure and retention capacity after centrifugation–Make sure that gel locks the water well.
- Particle Size Distribution-Different sizes upon different applications
- Liquid Permeability-Very important item for paper diaper and sanitary towel making.
- Residual Monomer-Very important item for paper diaper and sanitary towel making.